Removing broken air/fuel screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing broken air/fuel screw

Does anyone have a suggestion for removing a busted idle screw tip from inside my carb? I wondered why my Colortune didn't show any difference when the screw was adjusted. And assuming I can fix this, where can you get a replacement screw?

My carbs are BS34 CV carbs for the 1977 GS400B.

Thanks in advance for any help.

On the couple that I have had to do, I have found that the tip sticks into the throat ever so slightly. I have taken a Philips screwdriver (or other metal rod) and rolled it over the tip, pushing it back up. The ones I did snapped out of the holes, I feel fortunate for that, hope yours go as easily.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

you can try boiling them aswell, some people have had success with that. Another person put a wire (I cut a piece off my wire brush) in a match stick, bent it at a 90 degree angle and managed to poke it out. Unfortunately I had to make my own centre punch and come from the top down using a hammer..wouldn't suggest it, but it got it out. best of luck.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

a dental pick will work..its hardened.

Comment

Working...
        X