Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 crankshaft put into GS1100 motor for upgrade

Hi CLub Member,

Just think about something. Is anyone know the crankshaft (20mm pin) of GS1150 can replace the crankshaft (18mm pin ) of GS1100 motor ? Is the one of GS1150 more stronger and reliable?

Addy Leung

no
    Dink

Comment

I think the best bet is to get the 1100 crank built properly. For street use the normal crank is way overbuilt!

Comment

1150 crank is no better...later model katana`s had the best rods...other than that and pin diameters there is no difference. The main improvement was the bigger end that the rotor is mounted on...83 and later

Comment

Originally posted by cbxchris
          1150 crank is no better...later model katana`s had the best rods...other than that and pin diameters there is no difference. The main improvement was the bigger end that the rotor is mounted on...83 and later
          Chris hit it with the bigger end for the rotor. Generally speaking the 1100 crank is smoother than the 1150 crank as far as vibrations go. There are a lot of folks running the 1100 crank with no problems. If you want to get rid of a 1100 crank...let me know!

Hap

Comment

gs1100 and 1150 crankshaft

I just changed the starter clutch in my 1150 and discovered that the alternator end of the crank is larger dia. on the 1150 than on the 1100 (82 Kat). Not that the later 1100s were known to be weak.
            Another point- if you choose to overbore later on, Wiseco 1150 oversizes are different than the 1100 and the usual 1170 cc overbore is not available for the 1150 crank.

suzookeeper ger

Comment

Another point- if you choose to overbore later on, Wiseco 1150 oversizes are different than the 1100 and the usual 1170 cc overbore is not available for the 1150 crank.

There is a VERY good reason for this you know!!!
              1166 (called 1170 generally) is the max overbore available in the stock liners (1mm overbore) therefore there is no need to supply this size as a kit.
              Now 1260 is a far different matter, but well worth it Right Skip?
              Dink

Comment

Working...
              X