Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What engines have EXACT same mounting patterns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What engines have EXACT same mounting patterns?

I have a project im working on right now: a 1991 banshee atv, with a gs550 motor in it - the motor is kinda junk, so im just going to replace the motor with a new one (anyone have one??). the mounts are all custom made already, and the frame is already fabbricated, so i just need to know what other motors could i 'bolt' right in?

cheers
    thanks alot
    minkia38@hotmail.com

anyone know? will a 750 motor bolt up to existing mounts? please someone has to know!!!

Comment

this is the GS forum right? no one has any idea - has anyone tried an engine swap with another larger or smaller gs???

Comment

Check the performance mods section. A guy that posts as krash is shoehorning a GSX-R750 motor into his 550. I think a larger displacement GS motor may be too big.

Comment

Originally posted by minkia38
          this is the GS forum right? no one has any idea - has anyone tried an engine swap with another larger or smaller gs???
          Sure people have performed engine swaps, including me. But, the heading in your original post uses the work "Exact". Well that pretty much eliminates all other engines except those of exact year and model. Most swaps of differenct sizes usually require some mods, minor though they be they are not exact. Just curious have you spent much time searching through the old posts as well as the old Q&A section for answers to your inquiry? We used to wait several days for responses to much simplier questions. Patience my friend.

Comment

Working...
          X