I just wanted to say thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to say thanks.

I've been spending a lot of time lurking on these forums lately. I just got a 1985 GS550 that needed a bit of work.

I pulled apart the carbs the other day and everything seemed to go quite well. I do need to replace all the gaskets now, but without the information on here I never would have even been able to attempt it.

So thank you GS Resources members, and hi.

Hi and welcome! I'm sure BikeCliff will be along in the morning to give you the mega ultra welcome.

Congrats on taking on the project, show us your bike!

/\/\ac

Comment

the bike is at the garage right now. i will take pics tomorrow when i am up to my eyeballs in working on it.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. avastyematey,

Thanks for stopping by. Take your shoes off and sit a spell. Here is your own all-encompassing, ever enlightening, magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". It's guaranteed to grow hair, make you taller, make you longer, make you lose weight, cure your acne and sweaty palms, and make you more attractive to the opposite sex. Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thanks for the welcome basscliff & macmatic.

I got the carbs all buttoned up. the leak was coming from a busted ori-ng on the drain screw of the left carb. I took it for a run and it accelerates sooooo much smoother.
          Unfortunately now it has started blowing oil from the front left-hand side valve gasket, from the half moon.
          I just ordered the parts, and now I wait until Friday.... blergh I just want to ride.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X