Fuel Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Line

What is the best source you have found for replacement fuel line other than OEM. What are you using that is good. Thanks.

Terry
    1980 Suzuki GS550E, 1981 Suzuki GS 1100EX all stock, 1983 Suzuki GS 1100EX modified, 1985 GS1150E, 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1971 Kawasaki Mach lll 500 H1, 1973 Kawasaki Mach lV 750 H2.

Cycle Recycle II sells some nice translucent blue fuel line that's quite nice. However, it's only available in inch sizes. The 5/16" fits 8mm just fine, but the 1/4" is a bit too big for 6mm fittings.

You can still order the Suzuki fuel line if you want the most correct. Any Honda dealer should also be able to sell you lengths of their fuel line -- it seems to last the longest of anything I've seen.

Fuel line from an auto parts store usually works, but is way too bulky. And the clear vinyl stuff many hardware stores and custom shops sell as fuel line is junk -- it'll quickly turn brown, deteriorate, and set your crotch on fire.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Go with the blue stuff; it works great. Just don't try and turn any tight corners with it; it will kink.

I got my blue fuel line at Fleet Farm.

Rick

Comment

The bulky stuff from autoparts stores seemed too thick for me, but it cleared the gap on my 650's carbs easy-peasy. But then I got the CRCII blue line, which I like alot.

Comment

Terry, Pingel & FBG both carry good line. Ray.

Comment

Neoprene hose. Buy it by the foot or ask at any garage as they will usually have a few pieces ying around which you may get free.
            Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
            X