Thread count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread count

Does anyone know the size and thread count for the nut holding on my front turn signal? I removed them for painting and i lost one of the nuts.

Ace

The simplest and most foolproof thing you can do is to take one of the others down to either your Ace or True Value hardware stores (both have a good metric selection) and compare with their stuff.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by GSJake View Post
      Does anyone know the size and thread count for the nut holding on my front turn signal? I removed them for painting and i lost one of the nuts.

year and model information would help
      parts fiche sites often list the fastener with its metric dimensions.
      or as suggested take one down to a hardware store....

Comment

Not to be rude but the correct terminology is pitch. (thread count)
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Is this going to be another "my protractor is bigger than yours" threads?

/\/\ac

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic View Post
            Is this going to be another "my protractor is bigger than yours" threads?

/\/\ac
            But mine is
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post

yeah thread count is for sheets and other cloth oriented things.........

Comment

Its an 1980 850gl.

Comment

Originally posted by GSJake View Post
                  Its an 1980 850gl.
                  blasted fiche from bike bandit does not give size information

$1.23 for tha part though

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                    Originally posted by Calvin Blackmore View Post
                    yeah thread count is for sheets and other cloth oriented things.........
                    Thread count also works with SAE fasteners: 1/4-20, 6-32, etc.
                    Metric fasteners give the pitch, SAE gives the count per inch.

Originally posted by Calvin Blackmore View Post
                    blasted fiche from bike bandit does not give size information

$1.23 for tha part though
                    Bike Bandit is a decent enough place to order parts, but of all the ones that I have used, they are the only ones that use their own numbering system. All the others use real Suzuki part numbers. Sometimes the bolt/nut size is encoded into the part number.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Thread count also works with SAE fasteners: 1/4-20, 6-32, etc.
                      Metric fasteners give the pitch, SAE gives the count per inch.

Bike Bandit is a decent enough place to order parts, but of all the ones that I have used, they are the only ones that use their own numbering system. All the others use real Suzuki part numbers. Sometimes the bolt/nut size is encoded into the part number.

Yeah Steve 08310-00107 is the OEM Suzuki part number per Alpha-Sports site. Common to a lot of assemblies over a number of years and so on.....

The new part is darn pretty and chrome plated though so I would buy it online rather than get some less than beautiful equivalent.....

Comment

Working...
                      X