Where to buy intake boot clamps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy intake boot clamps?

Can anyone tell me where I can buy new air box and intake boot clamps other than OEM? I would like to replace the old and stretched out ones.
    Thanks!
    Bike 78-GS1000E
    racer2@netins.net

I've searched every hardware store around me, but with no luck. I think oem is the only way.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Yeah, I just took the time to look them up and I was sort of surprised they are only like $18 for all 8 clamps from Suzuki. It seems that the OEM stuff I expect to be pricey ends up being fairly reasonable. It is the parts that I think should be cheap that are expensive!
      Thank you for the response and sorry to ask a stupid question without looking it up myself first!!

Comment

Hey man no problem. there are no stupid questions. I ask stuff like that all the time. I know what you mean about pricing on some things.
        I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
        1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

You know, I just bought a bag of stainless cable ties from H.F. to replace the over-sized hardware pipe-clamps I inherited on the intakes of my 550. I'm haven't tried them yet, but I think they might work well. They're permanant, meaning you'll have to cut them to remove them, but they're maybe 5 bucks for 25. My dealer had quoted a much higher price for the oem's, will have to look them up.

Comment

Pray tell, just where do you go to look up OEM old schwag like those?

Comment

I use these guys all the time because I can save shipping by going to pick it up at the store. Internet prices are a lot less than if you order it in the store. You might find a place in your area that does the same thing:

or

Comment

Your clamps didn't stretch -- the rubber on the intake boots shrank. Replace them.

The clamps do tend to get misshapen after a while, and are well worth replacing with new OEM when you replace the boots.

For parts, there are several online sources -- look in the "reviews" forum for a few never-ending discussions of the good guys and the bad guys. Also, look for the web site of your local Suzuki dealer. Many offer parts online at a significant discount, and most will allow you to pick up the parts in person and thus save on shipping.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I just got a set from flatoutmotorcycles for $18.32...(with a complete set of boots for another $38), for the 1100E...

But flatout is now...partshark.com and I haven't tried them yet.
                  It is suppose to be the same guy, Chris, handling the parts...

I just checked and partshark has raised the price a bit...four clamps are now $18.36...
                  Up $0.01 each...and the boots are up $0.07 each...
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I have also noticed that my boot clamps screw all the way closed and have wondered how much sealing they are actually doing. These boots are probably original and I guess must have shrunk right? I can't imagine there would be enough stress on the clamps to stretch them. I guess I have to suck up the 30 dollars a piece for new boots.

I was thinking of flatening one of the tabs on the clamp, cutting it back, drilling a new hole and bending a new tab. This would allow the clamp to tighten more and it would be free! My boots are still plyable and don't have any holes that I can see.

I think it could work...no? I don't have a clamp infront of me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MFerioli View Post
                      I have also noticed that my boot clamps screw all the way closed and have wondered how much sealing they are actually doing. These boots are probably original and I guess must have shrunk right? I can't imagine there would be enough stress on the clamps to stretch them. I guess I have to suck up the 30 dollars a piece for new boots.

I was thinking of flatening one of the tabs on the clamp, cutting it back, drilling a new hole and bending a new tab. This would allow the clamp to tighten more and it would be free! My boots are still plyable and don't have any holes that I can see.

I think it could work...no? I don't have a clamp infront of me right now.
                      The clamps tend to stretch, particularly if someone over tightens them, so getting new is worth while.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

The large clamps on our 1983 GS550E twinned intakes were stretched to the max and I was quite certain they were not sealing as I could move them a bit. On a whim I tried a standard nylon zip tie and tightened it down as much as I could - to the snapping/stretching point actually. So far it seems to have worked as the idle is now stable, before it use to vary quite a bit while riding. I don't feel it is a permanent solution, but it has helped me eliminate a few variables until I can get some OEM clamps.

Comment

Originally posted by MFerioli View Post
                          I guess I have to suck up the 30 dollars a piece for new boots.
                          Should be able to get them for a lot less than that...the 1100 boots are about $9-10 each on line...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Should be able to get them for a lot less than that...the 1100 boots are about $9-10 each on line...
                            1100E boots are completely different than most other GS boots that have a metal insert and use an O-ring to seal. I recently paid $23 each for carb boots for my 1000 from Flat Out – cheapest source available.
                            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                              1100E boots are completely different than most other GS boots that have a metal insert and use an O-ring to seal. I recently paid $23 each for carb boots for my 1000 from Flat Out – cheapest source available.
                              OK...thanks! Didn't know that...lovin' my 1100E more every day...

Comment

Working...
                              X