stock exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock exhaust

I have a Vance&Hines 4 into 1 on my bike. It doesn't fit correctly. Looks OK, but rubs on turns. Questions are, what years, models, ect. of stock pipes can I look for? Shouldn't one off a 1000 of some sort flow sufficiently?

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
    I have a Vance&Hines 4 into 1 on my bike. It doesn't fit correctly. Looks OK, but rubs on turns. Questions are, what years, models, ect. of stock pipes can I look for? Shouldn't one off a 1000 of some sort flow sufficiently?
    There are at least several thread on the forum where there is some discussion on what pipes fit different bikes.

I know on my "L", the exhausts are shorter and different than my "C". What part rubs on the turns?

Rick

Comment

From the little picture, it looks like you have a V&H Sidewinder. It's designed for straight line racing. Most other 4 into 1 pipes will give you plenty of cornering clearence but may drag on large speed bumps. Good stock pipes for the 78 thru 80 chain drive 1000's (non "L") may be a bugger to find. Just my opinion
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

They'll be damn near impossible to find actually. I suggest getting the CORRECT Vance and Hines exhaust..not that straightliner piece of junk.

Comment

The bottom of the tail is the part that rubs

Comment

Can you post a bigger picture of the bike?

A couple of different angles would help, but yeah, it sounds like you have the drag race special version of their pipe.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I am in need of a sidewinder header and I have a V&H header to trade. It is off of an 831100E though.
              Well gang, will it fit?
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I can try to post bigger picture. Yes, if it will work, I'd be interested in a trade

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                  I am in need of a sidewinder header and I have a V&H header to trade. It is off of an 831100E though.
                  Well gang, will it fit?
                  Yah...will fit just fine. Except for maybe the rear mount flange, but that can be easily overcome.

Comment

Can you post some pics of it?

Comment

ANDDDD actually, if you have problems figuring out the rear mount, I have a meg laying about FROM a 750 VH pipe. Its got some dings in the backside, but the chrome looks good. I would be happy to swap you out, as i can always use 1100 stuff too..

Comment

here's a better pic

Comment

Or this one

Comment

*kick starter dent* when I got it

Comment

Working...
                            X