i need a set of carbs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need a set of carbs...

or preferrably one carb for a 1980 gs 750. the fuel mixture screw was crossthreaded and stripped after installing a dynojet kit and as far as i can tell theres no way to get it out. so if any one has an extra set or single CV type carb it would be greatly appreciated. or advice on how to get that damn screw out. im in the process of trying to drill it but i dont really see it working seeing how its seated down in there with the spring and all that. thanks

Which one do you need ? I have a #4 that I can let go. It had the same problem and I ended up getting another one. Luckily my wife works at a steering control company that has an extensive machine shop. She took it into her work and one of the guys drilled it out with a teeny tiny drill bit on the drill press. It's just sitting in a box in the garage.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

unfortunately i think i need the #1 carb. if your sitting on the bike looking down it would be the left one. but i do have a buddy who works in a machine shop, ill have to let him take a look at it. it just seems like if you tried to drill it out you would ruin the threads and be out of luck but what do i know? its the same way on the number 3 carb but the screw is pretty much where it needs to be so it should be alright

Comment

I may need your number 4 .. let you know soon.

Comment

I'm sorry, I misread your post. I thought you just had a tip broken off......
          If it's crossthreaded, I suppose you could retap it after you get he screw out. Keep an eye on ebay. Sets of 32mm carbs come up all the time. And they seem to go a little less than other types of carbs.

No problem Mike. It's just in the garage, all lonely without other carbs to play with......
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
          X