Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windscreen info..

Greetings all,

I am going to get a windshield of some sort or another before fall. I have been looking at National cycle and like the looks of their shields. My question is, How flexable are the mounts? I have a 81 GS850GL, I do not have the stock buckhorn handlebars, They are more along the lines of "G" bars. I believe they are off a GS750? Their may be a picture in my sig block or I could try to post one. Do the mounts have enough play to make them fit without any mods?

Thanks,

Andy
    1986 GS1150ES "JUNO QUICK”
    1984 GS1100GK
    1982 GS1100E “RANGER”
    1978 GS750E-"JUNO RIOT" on the road in 2013
    1980 GS550GL complete, original, 4900 miles

Originally posted by ALB80-850 View Post
    Greetings all,

I am going to get a windshield of some sort or another before fall. I have been looking at National cycle and like the looks of their shields. My question is, How flexable are the mounts? I have a 81 GS850GL, I do not have the stock buckhorn handlebars, They are more along the lines of "G" bars. I believe they are off a GS750? Their may be a picture in my sig block or I could try to post one. Do the mounts have enough play to make them fit without any mods?

Thanks,

Andy
    Generally, Yes. the ones ive used actually mount to a pivot rod that then runs thru a clamp that goes on the bar. So you can put the clamp where you need to, and the rod will pivot where IT needs to...Ive used them on a 1100G with Daytona bars (pretty flat bars), and had no problems..

Comment

I've owned two National Cycle windshields. The standard mounting hardware could accommodate almost any reasonable configuration of handle bars.
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Not only will the accomodate the standard G bars, they will also adjust going the other way.

On my wife's '82 850L, not only do we have pull-back bars (from a 1980 KZ1300B), but we also have set-backs that move them back another 2.5" or so. The adjustment available in the mounts allows the bars to be that far back with no problems.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Great! Thoes were the answers I was hoping for. NOW... all I have to do is get the bike looking as good as Steve's wife's bike

Thanks,

Andy
          1986 GS1150ES "JUNO QUICK”
          1984 GS1100GK
          1982 GS1100E “RANGER”
          1978 GS750E-"JUNO RIOT" on the road in 2013
          1980 GS550GL complete, original, 4900 miles

Comment

Working...
          X