750 to 1100 swingarm swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 to 1100 swingarm swap question

Ive been poking around the threads for a bit, trying to find some info on the GS1100 swingarm swap.

My question is has anyone had a bushing made to allow the swap with out drilling the frame out???

My frame is a 1980 gs750 and the swing arm I picked up (thanks AJ) is a 80-81 gs1100E.......

I know I can drill out the frame, but the way my luck is I am better off having something made to handle the swap

If anyone had some specs or ever had a bushing made for this swap....give me a shout............All input is greatly appreciated.........Thanks guys

ask Katman; he has made them and there was even a pair for sale here a while back (6 months).

Pos

Comment

Thanks POS, I will shoot Katman a Pm.....even if I can get specs that would be awesome ( I have a good local machine guy)
      Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      ask Katman; he has made them and there was even a pair for sale here a while back (6 months).

Pos

Comment

Rob (Katman) will need to know the EXACT diminsions of your pivot bolt. So have that on hand if possible...

Comment

If you take the 1100 swingarm & your stock pivot bolt to your machinist he will be able to make whatever you need. He will know what to measure & what to make. Ray.

Comment

Hey Ray, any specific material you feel would be better in this application over others?????
            Originally posted by rapidray View Post
            If you take the 1100 swingarm & your stock pivot bolt to your machinist he will be able to make whatever you need. He will know what to measure & what to make. Ray.

Comment

Katman does Stainless

And Ray, unfortunately we all don't know machinist's that work on 30 year old Zukes all the time. I'm lucky to find an automotive machinist that can mil a head without banging up all my cam tower saddles.
              Last edited by posplayr; 06-19-2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxvw View Post
                Ive been poking around the threads for a bit, trying to find some info on the GS1100 swingarm swap.

My question is has anyone had a bushing made to allow the swap with out drilling the frame out???

My frame is a 1980 gs750 and the swing arm I picked up (thanks AJ) is a 80-81 gs1100E.......

I know I can drill out the frame, but the way my luck is I am better off having something made to handle the swap

If anyone had some specs or ever had a bushing made for this swap....give me a shout............All input is greatly appreciated.........Thanks guys
                did you get any useful info? i'm looking to do pretty much the exact same thing. not trying to hijack your thread, but i've got an '83 GS750 that i'm working on turning into a bobber. the stock swing arm is too bulky and boxy for the look i'm going for, so i'm trying to figure out what other models have a swing arm that's smaller and more round that won't be a total pain in the nut to switch out. suggestions? thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxvw View Post
                  , any specific material you feel would be better in this application over others?????
                  I use EN24 most of the time, EN16 is also ok but i prefrer to use the higher grade when its available, no problems with either in many years & thousands of miles use

cheers tone

Comment

Working...
                  X