X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now I have been educated.

Ah haa.. Thanks.

Comment

Sowhile we are on the topic. My voltage across the battery teminals is 13.5 v at idle and at 4000K no difference!!! what does that mean? Bad rect. or Stator? Please say Rect...
      GY

Comment

try this test gerry http://www.thegsresources.com/garage...0passed%20away

Comment

Oh Scotty ! I know these test papers are here! I was hoping you would just tell me what was wrong... I'm lazy and want a quick fix! Can't you make house calls?
          GY

Comment

I still havn't done the running test, but.

I still havn't done the running test, but I did the Ohm test non running on the stator. With the meeter on 200 in the Ohm settings I got 1 to 1.2 or so on all pairs of wires. This seems to be ok right? I'll have to do the running test to see for sure how the R/R is doing, but I think its probably bad becouse I didn't get the results that Billy Ricks outlined on that.

Comment

Re: I still havn't done the running test, but.

Originally posted by chrisdnoel
              I still havn't done the running test, but I did the Ohm test non running on the stator. With the meeter on 200 in the Ohm settings I got 1 to 1.2 or so on all pairs of wires. This seems to be ok right? I'll have to do the running test to see for sure how the R/R is doing, but I think its probably bad becouse I didn't get the results that Billy Ricks outlined on that.
              The running(No load) test on the stator isolates the stator from the RR. If you obtain the correct AC voltage, about 70v, on all three legs then your stator is fine. Are you using the troubleshooting chart from the stator papers to do your checks? If not you really need to follow the flow chart to guide you through the process.

Comment

Working...
              X