No announcement yet.

Kawasaki KZ1000 KZ900 Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youre money would be better spent on a set of late 74-75 Z1 28 mm carbs or 29mm smoothbores. I have both on my bikes as well as first year 28mms on my original Z1. The late 28s with an accellerator pump are emissions carbs and harder to get right. Personally the 29 smoothbores run the best. No matter how big the stockers are they have internal fuel passages that are too small and run out of gas at high RPMs. Im not bidding on these so I have no horse in this race, but if you look below youll see I have a few Kawasakis. Just trying to help & my opinion only but Ive been playing with these since the first Z1 came out.

Comment

Yeah but the pumpers are STILL better than the VM26s the GS750 came with stock... And I simply wont dump 500 bucks or more on a set of smoothbores...

Comment

Id use a set of 34mm Mikuni Cvs first myself, they can be bought reasonably. Your choice just my 2 pennys worth. I dont think there will be any noticable difference until above 6000 with the 28s. My 82 GPZ 750 has 34 Cvs and it runs like a top. Id run the stock 26s before the 28s for the money

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
          Id use a set of 34mm Mikuni Cvs first myself, they can be bought reasonably. Your choice just my 2 pennys worth. I dont think there will be any noticable difference until above 6000 with the 28s. My 82 GPZ 750 has 34 Cvs and it runs like a top. Id run the stock 26s before the 28s for the money
          Ok, well, CVs dont FIT on the 77-79 head. That would require a crap ton of machine work to make boots that would fit. the 26s would probably be fine, except the accelerator pump is nice for wackin on the throttle..

Comment

How big is the budget CafeKid?

4 hours, 7 minutes to go, they are at $540.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Am I missing something? No bids yet as near as I can see.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Whatever man, Im just trying to help you not **** you off. Think back to what I said after you get them.

Comment

over $600 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                    Am I missing something? No bids yet as near as I can see.
                    It appears that there are TWO sets of not quite similar carbs.

The first set is still unbidded upon, starting at $99.95, the second set is at $612 with an hour to go.

The first set is a set of 28.5mm VMs from a Kaw 1000.
                    The second set is a set of 29mm Smoothbores, also from a Kaw 1000.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

so the first set is a go for a 750?

Comment

are they worth $100, and is it worth putting them on my bike?

Comment

well someone got them 1 bid. last min. CafeKid?

Comment

Nope, not me...started churning the wheels, and thought better of it. I might see how stockers work before i go trying to slap some bigger ones on. I'll let ya know in a couple months how it went...

Comment

Thats what 29mm smoothbores go for lately. I paid $150 for mine several years ago. Thats an insane price, you can buy new Mikuni flatslides from 34 to 40mm for that price. The other ones are worth about $75 as is. By the time you buy a new accellerator pump diaphragm youll have a lot more in them then you realise

Comment

Working...
                              X