coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coils

i read in another site, someone said you could cut the sparkplug wire at the coil.,drill out the remaining sparkplugwire. insert a new wire ,silicone that up and it will be fine. anyone tried this????

Comment

Originally posted by phantomphuler View Post
      i read in another site, someone said you could cut the sparkplug wire at the coil.,drill out the remaining sparkplugwire. insert a new wire ,silicone that up and it will be fine. anyone tried this????
      I did this on my 77GS750. Forgot where I got the idea, but I used a Dremel tool to cut away the gunk sealing the old wires to the coils. I pushed new wires down into the coils and used some red, high temp, silicone sealant to seal them. Been working very well.

Here are the stock coils with old wires

Here is me using the Dremel to remove whatever seals the wires in the coils

I used a sharp pointed tool to dig the wire out carefully to not damage the posts deep in the center of hole.

Comment

Here is the stock coil with new wires pushed into the contacts at the bottom of the holes.

Here is me putting the sealant on the wires/coils

Here is the coils positioned so the sealant can set without getting messed up.

The sealant cured nice and hard. I think this works out pretty well.

Comment

cool!!! thanks for the pics. i am doing it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X