Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 750 jetting

hi all,

I have a set of carbs here that are absolutely a mess.
    I need the base line jetting for a stock 1978 GS 750. Please include the carb float level and any other relavent info if you know it.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Lawrence Weissman

You have the VM26 carbs.

-screw on side of carbs (idle air) - out 1-3/4 to 2 turns from bottom.
    -screw under carb (fuel pilot) - out 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 turns from bottom
    -stock main jet - #102.5 (or possibly #100)
    -stock pilot jet - #15
    -float height - book value: 23-24mm, but try 25-26mm (23-24mm usually too rich)

Cheapest place to buy carb rebuild kit for '78 GS750 (that I have found) - Sirius Inc. (http://www.siriusconinc.com/default.asp). 2 weeks ago, I got mine for $15.00. Included everything except emulsifier tube, and it's o-ring.

Hope that helps
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Tweasel,
      I have a 79 750e with a 4-1 exhaust. With the stock jets as Frosty mentioned, my bike ran too lean. I just replaced the pilots with a 22.5 and the mains with a 107.5. It runs great and the plugs look good and tan at this point. It starts much easier and takes almost no choke. There are also no more annoying pops when I back off of the throttle. Consider those sizes if you do have something different than factory exhaust.

Three hour ride tomorrow into Northern Pa, wish me luck.

Dave W.
      Mount Joy Pa.

Comment

i just took apart my 79 GS550 carbs today. the pilot screws were just over 1 and 1/2, 1 and 1/8, 7/8, and 7/8...with the original Suzuki slots still set. they did mark where the screw goes on mine...i'm guessing this is a factory setting for the carbs.

i'm scared to mess with them, even if i'm rejetting.

any suggestions?

~Adam

Comment

Working...
        X