Pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pods

I have a 82 gs11e, it came with the pods on it, the guy said they were not KN, the material seems like rubber, they have the crome cap and mesh, i sprayed kn oil in it and now they are like popping, any clue?

Re: Pods

Originally posted by bostrom155
    I have a 82 gs11e, it came with the pods on it, the guy said they were not KN, the material seems like rubber, they have the crome cap and mesh, i sprayed kn oil in it and now they are like popping, any clue?
    What is like popping and what color are your park plugs??

Comment

hard to describe, but its like air trying to come out of the pods, i took them off and they are new and clean, i'll check the plugs

Comment

They are probably the EMGO filters. Those were never intended to be oiled. It could just be excess oil being sucked in causing your problem. Now that you've oiled them leave it and see if the popping stops. If not pull the filters off and wash them in a strong solution of dish detergent to get rid of the oil.

Comment

I've heard the noise you're refering to when there was a leak in the induction boots as well.

Comment

Just talk to local shop, he said these were junk and it's better to put original box on with the lid off

Comment

Originally posted by bostrom155
              Just talk to local shop, he said these were junk and it's better to put original box on with the lid off
              I dont buy that . maybe they are cheap but not junk. Lots of the guys use them. He just wants to sell you parts or labor ill bet. Some of these shop guys think that they become a source for all knowledge just because they work in a shop. Most of them are just motorcycle assemblers. I hate when someone in that position blurts out a blanket statement like that.

Comment

i just got new Emgo filters last week. they look just like K&N's...maybe a little more robust looking.

there's no instructions or oiling directions on them.

Comment

My 82 GS1100E came with individual V&H pods put on by the previous owner along with header and jetting. I have the documentation for them and it emphatically states NOT to oil them. Other types like K&N are supposed to be oiled. I would imagine oil on pods that should be dry would restrict breathing, causing you to run too rich.

Comment

Working...
                  X