Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good price. Some say the Macs are junk.
    Looks like a good deal though.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I've heard that too. Don't know what makes them junk. I got a can off cafekid on sat and it will not fit my sidewinder. I know you said you have a Yosh? Don't know if it would work. I'm getting antsy, Bought the bike over month ago and it's been down for over a week!! I know, patience. Carbs are back together and will start to tune but want right pipe on.

Comment

Chrome flakes, they rust and they sound bad.
        The Yosh headers are in solid shape but have a little rust on them. I have a pic of you are interested.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
          I've heard that too. Don't know what makes them junk. I got a can off cafekid on sat and it will not fit my sidewinder. I know you said you have a Yosh? Don't know if it would work. I'm getting antsy, Bought the bike over month ago and it's been down for over a week!! I know, patience. Carbs are back together and will start to tune but want right pipe on.
          I figured that thing would slide on that pipe for sure...My bad man You want the $$ back for it? Not really doing you any good is it? Or... if you want to work a deal, i suppose i can let my VH go....*sigh* damn i like that pipe, but If you want it, we'll work something out.. I have a few pipes i can use for my other projects...

Comment

Well. it did slide on, but like you were saying, it's meant to go on a pipe that routes from under, not from the side. The bends in the can won't play with the pegs and stuff. Did you see that Mac I found on sleezbay? Black ceramic, but if the sound is lame I'll loose the name. I've heard far too many crappy pipes to mount one myself. So the V&h you say... think it would bolt and jolt?

Comment

I would have bought it but i do not have a PayPal Account.
              Keep the header and sell the muffler and then go looking for a more suitable can. I agree that the Mac chrome quality is poor but i have had much better luck with the "black ceramic chrome?" finish on a set of headers on a Honda.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That header is a great price. Someone should grab that thing, it won't last.

The coating they use is thick and will last pretty well. Mac is not the best but unless you are racing that header will be perfectly serviceable.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

That Mac sold. Figures.

Comment

It;s too bad few manufacturers make pipes for the GS but at least the GS pipes lasted longer than anyone's
                    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
                      Well. it did slide on, but like you were saying, it's meant to go on a pipe that routes from under, not from the side. The bends in the can won't play with the pegs and stuff. Did you see that Mac I found on sleezbay? Black ceramic, but if the sound is lame I'll loose the name. I've heard far too many crappy pipes to mount one myself. So the V&h you say... think it would bolt and jolt?
                      i KNOW it will. Ive pulled it off and put it back on many o' time. You'll have to use that can you have there. I will pull the baffle for it, and you can have the header to collector pipes. Will bolt right on, and you're off like a dress on prom night.

Comment

Even if he puts a can on the sidewinders he will still have an issue with clearance.

Comment

Working...
                        X