What search parameter should I use to find out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What search parameter should I use to find out

What difference in handling occurs when you adjust front forks up or down in the triple tree steering clamps? I tried "fork height adjustment" and got nowhere.

Thanks

I searched lowering, and clicked "search titles only"....and lots of reading.

For what its worth I dropped my front a bit, it feels a little twitchy and quick.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxvw View Post
      I searched lowering, and clicked "search titles only"....and lots of reading.

For what its worth I dropped my front a bit, it feels a little twitchy and quick.

Cheers. for that.. on both counts

Comment

Shortening the length of the fork, ie dropping it thru the top clamp will indeed speed up the steering. Much over an inch, and you might be lookin at a twitchy lil monster IMO. I dropped the cafe racer i build 3/4 of an inch in front, and raised the back a half inch and she was SUUUPER quick to fall in. I evened it out a bit, and still got the gain i was looking for. Its something to play with at least, and find a happy medium that works for you AND the bike..

Comment

Thanks guys. Found what I was looking for. I might try sliding my forks up through the clamps 6 or 10mm

Comment

Working...
          X