Gas cap vent - where is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hikermikem View Post
    When the engine revs higher, it needs more fuel. As the larger volume of fuel leaves the tank quicker, it must be replaced (vented) with more air faster.

Your tank bag apparently restricted this venting process.

Good find!!

SMH, sometimes it's so easy to overlook the most simplistic theory...

thanks for the feedback hiker!

Comment

Josh bro, you're going to go nuts trying to tune that bike for perfection while running pods. Its not going to happen. Your run yesterday could have simply worked because of it being Hot out, or COLD out, or something of that nature. to get every little stumble out of it with pods (or even without!) is a constant battle... just ride the damn thing!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Josh bro, you're going to go nuts trying to tune that bike for perfection while running pods. Its not going to happen. Your run yesterday could have simply worked because of it being Hot out, or COLD out, or something of that nature. to get every little stumble out of it with pods (or even without!) is a constant battle... just ride the damn thing!

I'm running a stock airbox. eff pods..... that's for you to play with!!

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Your run yesterday could have simply worked because of it being Hot out, or COLD out, or something of that nature.
        this could be true. I need to run her on the highway this weekend. I just want to get any hesitation/stumbling at cruising speed sorted before WV. I have about a 7-8 hour slab ride there.....really really really hoping it just a venting issues, because otherwise she is running nice!

Comment

Working...
        X