Extra wire from battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra wire from battery

Is this lead from the positive side of my battery from a battery tender or something? It's actually crimped into the lead to my coil. I was just going to cut it off but I taped it up for now (after pic was shot). I imagine it is a charging lead from a battery tender that is not the official brand Battery Tender (which I have installed since)

Should I just snip it off?

PS. is the icon I used a thumbs down or question mark?!?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM. Reason: Added PS Question about icon

maybe it was some sort of accessory plug in from the PO, hard to say... but if you dont need it lose it, just cap off whatever wire is left to avoid shorting out on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post

It's actually crimped into the lead to my coil.

Should I just snip it off?

Coil ? Maybe the solenoid. Could have been for the battery sensor. If you have a battery with no sensor in one of the cells and a light that stays on in the instrument cluster the way to make the light go out is to connect the wire to the + battery post.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

mine has that but it is connected to a corresponding plug that goes somewhere else

Comment

As suggested, if you have no matching connector, and no reason to make one for it, snip the wire off as close as possible to the battery terminal and forget it.
          Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Ipod charger.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

No way!

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              Ipod charger.
              I live near Apple but I'll never buy one.

I won an ipod in a contest - hated how iTunes and Apple want to take over my files and computer.

I'm a PC guy through and through (many years in IT), but yes I really want an iPhone!

Comment

Working...
              X