Time to buy a tach cable, too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to buy a tach cable, too!

OK, I've re-crimped mine twice and last time with a hammer so it ever comes out again it's never going back in!

1982 GS1100GL.

Who should I buy from? Local store says only $14 and it's on backorder. I want a quality cable which will not fail again.

Thanks for suggestions.

The new cables are ??? I have replaced mine twice also. Last time i cleaned it very good and applied some silver solder to the cable, twisted the end back on and added more s solder with a torch

Comment

Only get Suzuki cables.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

From dealer?

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        Only get Suzuki cables.
        Sorry, total newb here.

If I want to buy official Suzuki parts, where is the best place to shop? Online is preferred but I can do it over the phone, too.

Thanks,
        -Bob

Comment

Ebay listing looks like the read Suzuki cable

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Only get Suzuki cables.
          ebay listing number 350215143722.

Looks a lot like it would work on my 1982 GS1100GL but not 100% sure.

Anyone confirm? I will ask seller.

Thanks,
          -Bob

Comment

Try mrcycles.com
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Or just go to a local Suzuki dealer. I priced mine...$24 for a Suzuki cable

Comment

Originally posted by SJGS750 View Post
                Or just go to a local Suzuki dealer. I priced mine...$24 for a Suzuki cable
                Sounds easy. Now to find the dealer...

Thanks

Comment

GP Sports on the corner of Union & Camden. Not too far from you Bob.

BTW. My stock tach cable snapped after about 35,000 miles. I guess I got my money's worth. Replaced it with another stock cable. I expect it will do just fine.
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2009, 01:41 AM.

Comment

I just picked up a motion pro cable for about 14 bucks I think, the quality seems fine, and it runs the tach nice and smooth. Are these any better or worse than the originals? I wish I could give more of a review, but I only have about 10 miles on it.

Comment

Great. I'll give them a call today - probably have to order and knowing GP it's twice as much as the Suzuki dealer outside of the bay area... but it will save me some time.

Thanks for the tip!

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post

BTW. My stock tach cable snapped after about 35,000 miles. I guess I got my money's worth. Replaced it with another stock cable. I expect it will do just fine.

Comment

Good call, Tom.

GP sports charged me $14.48 with tax and I can pick it up Saturday,

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post

Comment

Working...
                        X