No announcement yet.

How to sync my aftermarket carbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are excellent carbs when set up right.
    The lower nut on the closing cable adjuster should be locked dead tight.
    If this one comes undone & drops down the cable it prevents the throttle closing - I've seen one racebike written off like this and another close call.

Greg T

Comment

while we wait on rapid ray to respond and tell us everything we ever wanted to know about the complete history and workings of the mikuni radial slide smoothbore carberators......
      lets take those 20 dollars worth of air filters and throw them in the trash.
      why pay 700-800 for carbs and choke them down with a set of chrome eee emgo's

also,
      you do not have to run push/pull with radial slides..
      its not like theres a radial slide push/pull throttle cop gonna hunt you down and give you a ticket

Comment

I agree 100 percent about the filters - so often those things spoil an otherwise great job.
        I'd be reluctant to run RS flatslides without a return cable. When they came out they quickly gained a reputation for vacuum sticking at awkward moments - undoubtedly they can be run like that - and I sure hope there are no cops in Mikuni's pay - but I'm old enough to worry about things like that.

Greg T

Comment

Please tell me which ones I should get. I'm already in this thing for over $2k, what's another $xxx?

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
          while we wait on rapid ray to respond and tell us everything we ever wanted to know about the complete history and workings of the mikuni radial slide smoothbore carberators......
          lets take those 20 dollars worth of air filters and throw them in the trash.
          why pay 700-800 for carbs and choke them down with a set of chrome eee emgo's

also,
          you do not have to run push/pull with radial slides..
          its not like theres a radial slide push/pull throttle cop gonna hunt you down and give you a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post
            Please tell me which ones I should get. I'm already in this thing for over $2k, what's another $xxx?
            if you can afford K&N's...
            buy a set of 4 offset ovals for a 2 1/4" throat.
            there are some non washable K&N look a likes out there for around 60-80 a set that are really good filters.
            check with jay at APE.
            as far as a push/pull.
            tighten all the throttle springs to the max..
            i have never nore has any one of my customers ever had a major issue with vaccum sticking on the RS series on the street or strip when the springs was tightened up.
            if someone wants to complain about heavy throttle pull...
            either grow a pair or go back to vaccum carbs with a airbox and a silly bar!

Comment

Working...
            X