Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hardfaced cams need repair!

Hope someone can give me some advice!
    Recently I collected a set of Megacycle cams and they are 385-30 hard faced cams for 16V gs1100. But they have minor scores on the lobe tips (all on the 8 lobes). I think they need to be repair before putting it in the engine head for use.
    Do I must send it back to Megacycle for repair? or other cams manufacturer also accept my order ( motion cam, Web-cams)? If the other also OK, which one is recommended? Do you think how much it will be cost for the repair? I think all the 8 tips should be re-condition.
    I do have some photo of these lobes but did not know how to post it on here.
    If someone would like to help to post it here, I can send it to you.
    Many thanks,
    Addy

Originally posted by Addy Leung View Post
    I do have some photo of these lobes but did not know how to post it on here.
    If someone would like to help to post it here, I can send it to you.
    Many thanks,
    Addy
    e-mail them to me and I will put them up for you.

Comment

Hi Pete,

two photos send to your mail box logan@xx.xx

Addy

Comment

Here are the two photos

Comment

I would call Megacycle, as that came looks to be basically of only core value (IMHO) and need to be reworked. It would be best to give them back to who produced them. Maybe someone else knows beetter but Megacycle should be able to give you the straight scoop.

Comment

Addy, they will charge you what NEW cams cost, to repair those. If you want new, I can get you Webs, or MY favorites, Cam Motions. Ray.

Comment

Like they said, better (& cheaper)to replace than repair. Just my opinion
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I would guess they did not hard face the stock rockers & used heavy springs

Comment

Working...
                X