Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it'd not a GS but

VX 800 1991
    Saw this today. Kinda gs-ish. I'm just looking for feedback.

Talk to BWringer...he owns one, and he OWNS it...litterally. If he'll keep it in his stable, it MUST be a good bike...

Comment

I dig it! It's got that naked, kinda street fighterish look to it, and with a V-twin. Pert cool in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by efjay_62 View Post
        I dig it! It's got that naked, kinda street fighterish look to it, and with a V-twin. Pert cool in my book.
        Too bad about the V-twin thing.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Aw c'mon now! Half the stuff to service, right?

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Too bad about the V-twin thing.
            My sentiments exactly. I can DEAL with a "I Twin" thumper...but the whole V thing...I cant stand that sound....I dunno why. I really dont even like the sound of a parallel twin...

Comment

I suppose you have to really have to want a black and rust colored leather coat to truly like that sound.

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
                I suppose you have to really have to want a black and rust colored leather coat to truly like that sound.
                Nah its not even just the "Harley" twin sound...i dont like Ducatis sound, i dont like the Zook SV, Buell...etc. I ALMOST bought a TL1000R last fall, before i bought my ES, but when i went to check it out...I couldnt stand the sound of it. I knew it was a twin, but something told me it would sound different. It didnt...

Comment

I passed by one of these at a dealer this week to pick up a tappet shim and was intrigued as well as enamored. Asked a *tool who worked there what year it was and he said " It's a customer's bike and I have no idea." Go work at Dogfart man. Of course I checked the frame badge to find out, because he was too busy to engage me, as he was busy chatting up a HD owner. But the rest of the clan at this dealership made up for that wanker. Thanks for the reply, Vintage bike weekend at Mid Ohio is coming up, and I am geared up like never before. Folks like you make it more of a joy to have bikes that make me a (motor)biker by knowing not only MY machine, but ones that catch a fancy.

Comment

I like mine. And no, it doesn't sound anything like a Hardley-Ableson.

Pre-crash and left side still purty
                    I reshaped the seat, installed Sargent Supercell foam, and re-covered it me own self. The original seat shape is dangerous to one's potency and reproductive abilities :

Post crash, fixed up, and muddy -- transformed into a mutant dual-sport-ish thing just because cosmetics don't matter much any more. I've since added fork boots, raised the front fender, and added a few other less visible dual-sport type modifications. It works surprisingly well off-road with the right tires, although it's still a heavy shaftie with limited suspension travel:

Yeah, I think it's a pretty dang cool bike. It's the one I loan out to trusted friends because it's so easy to ride -- narrow, lighter, and less top-heavy than my GS.
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Hey Brian, what does that bike get for fuel economy?

IF I ever get another "cross terrain" bike, it would be one of those.

Comment

Working...
                      X