No announcement yet.

Yet another Key Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a good source for decent key blanks? My hardware store didn't have one quite long enough, nothing a minute on the grinder couldn't fix...but it's not something I'd want to use daily...

Comment

I've has GS 850 keys copied in Tillamook, OR for under 5 bucks including the blank.

Why $85.00 in WA?

Is there only one locksmith in that state?
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Success

Originally posted by UserNotFound View Post
        Does anyone have a good source for decent key blanks? My hardware store didn't have one quite long enough, nothing a minute on the grinder couldn't fix...but it's not something I'd want to use daily...
        Hey now no thread hyjacking =)

The dealer can get you the blanks still, that is where I got mine... they cost me about $6 a piece to buy from them....

All who tuned in.... I found a locksmith who cut me two new keys for my GS, thanks for everyones help. It only set me back $15 for two keys =)

Thanks again

...850 and no there is not but the ones that wanted to rip me a new one for making a stupid key ... lucky me I eventually found one that was fairly priced

Comment

Originally posted by Kcwiro View Post
          Hey now no thread hyjacking =)
          The dealer can get you the blanks still, that is where I got mine... they cost me about $6 a piece to buy from them....
          I mean I could have opened up a new thread for essentially the same topic : I had the opposite problem of having someone willing to cut cheap but had no idea where to get a decent blank.

$85 per key makes me want to quit my job and become a locksmith!! It looks like a monkey could do key duplication based on the idiots at my local HW store that have cut ~8 keys for me that all work flawlessly...but it takes a genius to be able to convince people to pay $85.

Comment

Originally posted by UserNotFound View Post
            I mean I could have opened up a new thread for essentially the same topic : I had the opposite problem of having someone willing to cut cheap but had no idea where to get a decent blank.

$85 per key makes me want to quit my job and become a locksmith!! It looks like a monkey could do key duplication based on the idiots at my local HW store that have cut ~8 keys for me that all work flawlessly...but it takes a genius to be able to convince people to pay $85.

if you are hard up you can get an OEM blank from Suzuki then get it cut at any hardware store....

23:
            KEY,BLANK

495462-001 Enter 0-99 $11.13

is what Bike Bandit wants far chaepaerr than 85 bucks..

I ordered one yesterday meself

Comment

Working...
            X