Bandit swingarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandit swingarm

Is there any reason why a Bandit swingarm is a better arm than the stock one on my 80 gs 1100 16v? What are the advantages, disadvantages?

Paul

I mean is it longer or anything??
    Last edited by nastyjones; 06-29-2009, 03:03 PM. Reason: added text
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Advantages????

I posted this last month but got no answers. I know the Bandit swinger should bolt onto my 80 gs1100 -16v but what does that give me. Is it longer and by how much? I plan on using a 4.5 wheel and know Bandits use 5.5. Willl the smaller wheel work?

Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

The main reason is, it allows you to run a larger wheel. It is a much better more stable only if you swap out the front end also which involves a full blown suspension conversion.

Comment

Joe,
        I think (after many discussion with Katman) that a 180/55-17 wheel will fit a stock GS1100E aluminum swing arm. However the E swinger just doesn't have the same rigidity as the Bandit arm. But as you say, unless you are doing other suspension mods like front forks, you hardly benefit from the swinger stiffness.
        I think the bandit arm is slightly longer (1 inch) but I would have to remeasure to confirm.

Paul,
        I dont know if you have an E or an L but I'm talking about the E above.

Jim

Comment

I really think the bandit arm is a great choice so I guess I will have to sell my 4.5 wheel for a 5.5 bandit wheel. any takers? I'll post it for sale soon here anyway.
          The front end conversion is already under way anyway. 92 gsxr 1100 forks. My bike is the e model but it's a 1980 so the bodywork etc is different from your 82.

Paul

Comment

thw bandit 12 arm is way stiffer & allows you to use either a 4.5 or 5.5 wheel + the associated brake

its also the easiest to fit to this type of frame wether you want twin or mono shock

cheers tone

Comment

I have a 5.5 wheel for sale, if you're interested...curved spoke... PC white. 180/55 17 tire with decent life left in it, should you choose to use it, at worst its good for rolling around the shop...lol

Comment

Working...
              X