82 GS1100E forks on 83 GS1100ES model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1100E forks on 83 GS1100ES model?

These are interchangeable, correct? I have a slightly tweaked fork on my 1983 GS1100ES and I've found rebuilt forks off of an 82 1100E. I'm nearly certain they'll work but wanted to confirm it with the experts on this site. Thanks!

Should be just fine. the frames are a little different, but i dont think that plays much into the fork scheme at all. Should be a direct swap.

Comment

They are a bolt on. The antidive units bolted onto the fork legs are a little different but work the same & are interchangeable. Bolt it on & go riding! Ray.

Comment

Thanks for confirming, gentlemen. This is wonderful news. I plan to override the anti-dive anyway, so that won't be an issue regardless. Take care.

Comment

Follow up...

I got the forks. The air holes and the air "bridge" on the E are apparently just over the bottom clamp of the triple tree, but on my ES the air apparatus is just below the top clamp. I'm not sure yet if it will be an issue, but any insights are welcomed.

I assume the triples were virtually the same on both bikes and it won't be a problem. Anxious to look when I get home. I understand I don't have to use air with progressive springs, but obviously the holes need to be covered.

Comment

Working...
          X