No announcement yet.

I need help with my '81 GS450L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and this is where ive been stuck at, Ive been junkyard hunting for a couple weeks trying to find the few parts ive needed but finally hit pay dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipjohnw View Post
      well after some guess work, elbow grease, and plenty of trial and error i have the bike close to assembled, i think. I just have to get the engine mounted, waiting for help cause i dont have enough arms to do it myself, install the airbox and carbs, and of course all the electrical. I feel the need to thank everyone again you have been amazing with a stupid n00b like me.
      I ran into that same problem trying to mount an engine in a Kawasaki Voyager. Tight fit and a lot of weight. My neighbor strolled into my garage and suggested that since the engine had the oil drained, why not pad the floor with an old furniture pad, roll the engine over on it's right side and then just lift the frame over the engine and bolt it together. Duh! It took all of 15 minutes. Then the 2 of us just gently rolled the bike back over on the tires and put it on the stand.
      Texas Don

Comment

Thanks Tex, thats sounds like a great idea. I guess now i have no excuse for not finishing my bike by the end of summer.

Comment

Working...
        X