No announcement yet.

Temo guage reading high.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if I really feel comfortable running a flush through, I have had seen horror stories in the auto industry with gaskets and stuff......

When I dropped the pan to clean the screen, there was no gunk in the corners or nothing, just a light brown film on the pan......nothing I would be worried about if this was a car engine I was working on....but this may be different on a MC

Most of the gunk would settle on the bottom pan would it not?

Duro
    Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

bump^^^^^

I like hearing others opinions.......

Duro

Comment

If you're running straight synthetic in it and change oil as often as you say, you have nothing to worry about. Synthetic oils are GREAT cleaners.

Sounds like you done the work now quit giving yourself gray hair. Get on that bike and ride it...

YOU WILL see bluing of the pipes if it is getting too hot and if it was dyno tuned as you mentioned and the ratio is as you've stated, it is as good as it's going to get. RIDE IT!

Comment

Yup, I wouldn't sweat it....at most, hook up a RenoBruce pressure gauge (I get no kick-backs!) to make sure everything's kosher. We stop at least twice en route to cottage country for a Timmie's.....(you probably do too?) and the bike doesn't take more than 15-20 mins to cool somewhat.

Tony.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

I pulled out the old sensor and replaced it with the one I got off fleabay (after I cleaned it). Yesterday, on a full days ride in the heat with a passenger I hardly saw it over 100C. I have a heat sensor mounted to the oil filter cover and it rarely gets over 100C. Kind of puts my mind at ease.
            As long as you do regular oil changes it will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
              I pulled out the old sensor and replaced it with the one I got off fleabay (after I cleaned it). Yesterday, on a full days ride in the heat with a passenger I hardly saw it over 100C. I have a heat sensor mounted to the oil filter cover and it rarely gets over 100C. Kind of puts my mind at ease.
              As long as you do regular oil changes it will be fine.
              Well I am happy to hear yours is doing good............and it was a sensor problem

Did you find a OE sensor on flebay, or an aftermarket one?.....if it's aftermarket what is the make?

Duro
              Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2009, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I got the entire oil filter cover for $15 on ebay. A new sensor is $65 US. I am using another sensor originally made for computer temp monitoring. I taped the sensor to the oil filter cover, mounted the display on the bars, and I have a 5V battery on the bike to run it.
                The second sensor always shows a lower temp.

Comment

Well good news, on the bike madin voyage to kinkardine......approx 200km on way. The temp guage droped about 1/4 inch, and now I beleive it is reading properly approx 140kms into the trip.

When the bike is cold, and you turn on the key the guage also reads 1/4" lower guage....and from other clusters I see this is where is should be.

So as far as I can figure the needle was off, and now is reading properly......so it was a guage problem, this makes me sleep easier. And I am no longer nervious when looking at the guage......

I love it when things fix themselves.....

Duro

Comment

Working...
                  X