Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic vs. Kevlar vs. Organic Carbon Fiber pads

Hello,

Looking to replace my front pads on my 1983 GS1100ES. Dennis Kirk has several types. I'll probably get a lot of varying opinions, but what would you recommend going with? I understand sintered metal is a no no.

Will certain types give more stopping power? Other than sintered, is there anything to avoid to keep from damaging rotors? Thanks!

I just use the Organics or whatever it is Z1 sells... Frankly i didnt pay any attention other than they WERENT metalic. My darling ES stops like crap anyway, new brake pads or not, I just get used to it, and dont use em unless i HAVE to

Comment

I can't say if you'll stop faster but I just picked up a set of EBC pads and they were $10 cheaper at Z1. Shipped the same day, I had them in 3 days.

That was my first order from Z1 and I was very pleased.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

Thanks. I think I'll hit up Z1 for the EBCs. I appreciate the tip.

Comment

By the way, CafeKid. Did you keep the anti-dive or override it? I've heard the latter improves braking slightly. I was curious if you had a similar experience.

The bikes like to go, but not to slow
          Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2009, 04:22 PM. Reason: error

Comment

I still have the antidive active...i WILL be getting rid of it. It just isnt high on my list of priorities and im going to have to source the necessary bolts.

BTW, I notice in your avatar, the tail piece on your ES looks kinda off colour like mine does...I wonder why that happened?

Comment

Ceramic will stop you a bit faster and produce less dust than the oem organic pads

Comment

Thanks, machspeed. I may go that route.

Cafekid, not sure what the story is on the tail piece. It seems to be original and never painted, but its deteriorated faster than the other plastic. Odd. Maybe the tail end stuck out from a carport and sun faded faster?

Comment

Working...
                X