spring rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring rates

dose anone know the spring rates on the 84 gs1150 and the 02 busa.
    this info would realy help in tuning the shock off the busa that now lives in my1150.
    thanks.....toolman

racetech (spring rate search) doesn't list the 84 1150 so the closest I could find is the 83 1100 which has .450 kg/mm stock and the 02 Busa has .850 kg/mm stock

Comment

K...well on the US side of the pond, the 1100 was still twin shock...so i dunno which they're talking about there...the 1150 was mono shock...

Comment

76fj55 thanks for the info ,i went to the site and found you have given the front forks spring rate . good info anyway ,but i did find the rear for the busa witch is 13.1kg/mm.so for us old non metric guys thats 733lb/in.
        i also found the closest thing to the1150 is a 86 gsx1100 at 6.1kg/mm or 341.5lb/in. realy good site lots of good usefull info there.
        now if any of you good gsers happen to have a 86 gsx1100 is the rear shock setup the same as the 1150 .
        now looking at the numbers i can see my problem the busa spring is way to heavy probably because of the leverage differance between the two suspensions.
        the suggested rate for the gsx for my weight is 8.1kg/mm or 453.6lb/in. thats a big differance from the busa at 733lb/in.
        seek and ye shal find, thanks to all for the great input and interest in this problem.....toolman

Comment

Toolman,
          1st Gen 1100 Gixxer shocks are probably more rare that 1150 shocks. I have a period Fox double clicker and a stock shock (still mounted). If you want a nearly new OEM R1/R6 shock I have that. This is an almost replacement for the Gixxer 1100, and does work on the 750.
          The dogbones under the swing arm have varying leverage factors which vary spring requirements on these bikes.
          Pos

Comment

alternatively, check this out. Seller says it is

13 1/2 inches set up for 190lbs low travel
            These are rebuildable and the kit costs about $15 from Fox.

Comment

thanks pos for the heads up , but a bit too rich for me . i guess what i am after is the spring size, length and i.d. so if it is the same i can get a custom spring from racetech. then i can tune it for my weight.
              i would still like to find out the rate for the 1150 i know its out there somewhere.......thanks again toolman

Comment

Working...
              X