Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the right valve cover

Hi guys,
    I own a 1984 gs750 (canadian model) and my valve cover is leaking. I'm looking for another one but can't find it, I only come across older models and they don't look the same at all, can you help me?

Did you try replacing the gasket?? That particular model has a rubber "reuseable" valve cover gasket. And yes, its quite nice, and while they work well, they arent FOREVER reuseable. They do need replaced every now and again, especially considering its 25 years old. Try that, then if THAT doesnt work, (which i have a good suspicion that it will) perhaps your valve cover is warpped. Which you can check btw, by using a KNOWN perfectly flat surface.

Comment

Well, the previous owner warned me about the leak, he applied some kind of seal product at the top of the cover for the moment. The gasket is brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by f1_dude View Post
        Well, the previous owner warned me about the leak, he applied some kind of seal product at the top of the cover for the moment. The gasket is brand new.

so is there a crack in the cover?
        a nice new pliable gasket should be able to retain oil handily.

some guys on here have posted about getting fine cracks welded in the absence of other alternatives..

a picture would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin Blackmore View Post
          so is there a crack in the cover?
          a nice new pliable gasket should be able to retain oil handily.

some guys on here have posted about getting fine cracks welded in the absence of other alternatives..

a picture would be nice
          Cool, I'll take a picture as soon as possible, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X