Well, I don't know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I don't know.

I'm rebuilding thr forks of my GS1100GKZ and I'v ran into somthing I don't know about. It was bought used or abused, and it does not have the air balance tube. The 82 modle is suposed to have. The forks look good and fit good. I supose some one has traded them out with some from another bike or at least the part that the air fill valve is in. How can I tell if I have the right lenth tube to order 1107 progerssive springs?
    Van

I thought the GKs had 39mm forks??? I know the trees are different because of the fairing??

Comment

I have 31-7/8 top to bottom on mine full extended with progressive springs in them not sure which would have to find the slip . I don't have the air tube (didn't know I need 1) and I'm pretty sure my arn't stock either. I think my bike was crashed at 1 time. My axle is inline not offset either leading or trailing. Hope this helps, good luck.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

My Clymer manual says only the 1983 1100 G had the air balance tube. Do you have air valves at the top of the fork tubes?. I think Josh is correct that the GK tubes were 39MM.

According to Progressive Suspension the part number for 82GK is 11-1129

Comment

Well, I don't know.

I have an air valve on the left fork, but not on the right.
          Van

Comment

If you get the Progressives you won't need to run air anyway.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X