Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running better, monometer is cool tool, but now

it just fell off. Honest. Shiesten

You know where to come I happen to have a set. YOUR dash is nicer, but the gauges will interchange...BTW, how'd that needle movement do ya??

Comment

I think pretty well. I have a little carb pop, and manometer told me which carb #4. Cool. working on that. It is a little fumbley at 4g steady throttle, maybe >1/4 throttle, so I held it there and tried a plug chop at that position. #4 looks rich.

Comment

Yanno i was gonna say that i think i turned that air screw PRETTY far before it made a difference... You might notch that pilot fuel screw down a touch..or count how many turns out you are on the air screw and get back to me.

Comment

well I did back the fuel screw out 1/4 turn. I'll check her out tomorrow. It's nice to be able to make right turns, too! Thanks again

Comment

No prob. Like i said, if you need a replacement Speedo... give me a shout..its taking up space.

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
              it just fell off. Honest. Shiesten
              Have you spoken with a urologist?

Seriously, I would just live with that and consider it part of the character
              of the bike.

Comment

You can open up that bad boy and replace the needle.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Where do I get said needle?

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
                    Where do I get said needle?
                    I don't think I could resist the opportunity to customize. Go to a clock shop and get a fancy-looking set of hands. Paint one of 'em orange or blood red and find a way to fasten it on there!
                    Dogma
                    --
                    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                    '80 GS850 GLT
                    '80 GS1000 GT
                    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                    X