Exhaust for the GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust for the GS1000

I am thinking of getting the Vance & Hines Standard Pro Pipe. Anyone have this pipe. I currently have a Supertrapp, but it is missing the disc, and I just don't like the sound of it. Does the Vance & Hines Standard Pro Pipe fit without modification. I just got back from a local bike nite event at Quaker Steak and lube. My bike got a lot of looks, I guess people like that old sckool look. I know I do!.

I have a VH meg that i would be willing to trade, if you are interested...

Comment

They are nice pipes but do you want a baffle, I'm not sure but I think the pro doesn't come with a baffle. I had the V&H meg. on a GS 1100 a baffle and no packing it was super sa weet, had a beautiful hum to it. I took the baffle out on a couple of occasions. I can testify that loud pipes don't save lives, after I went by a few people I got shot the bird.
      This is how it looked when I brought it, I stripped it down and painted with charcoal grill paint, Don't do that, looks ok but will rust easy.

Comment

Actually, now that I think about it, I have a full Kerker exhaust, decent shape, black, that id be willing to trade for your Trapp...I have a couple spare discs and backing plates too I would be willing to sell if you dont want to get rid of it. They are an "aquired" taste as they have a bit of a different tone compared to most pipes.

Comment

The V&H Pro pipe is WAY too loud for street use. If you put one on your bike, your neighbors will soon hate you, and the cops will start keeping an eye out for you.

A standard megaphone V&H (or Kerker or Mac) is considerably quieter, and gives you better ground clearance to boot. Stay away from Mac though, the chrome plating doesn't seem to have been of good quality for several years now.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post

Does your V&H have the baffle, I really don't want anything that is outrageously loud. I am interested in both of your pipes.

Comment

Actually, now that I think about it, I have a full Kerker exhaust, decent shape, black, that id be willing to trade for your Trapp...I have a couple spare discs and backing plates too I would be willing to sell if you dont want to get rid of it. They are an "aquired" taste as they have a bit of a different tone compared to most pipes.
              How much would you want for the disc and backing plate????

Comment

I am interested if does have a baffle.

Comment

Today 09:29 PM Griffin The V&H Pro pipe is WAY too loud for street use. If you put one on your bike, your neighbors will soon hate you, and the cops will start keeping an eye out for you. A standard megaphone V&H (or Kerker or Mac) is considerably quieter, and gives you better ground clearance to boot. Stay away from Mac though, the chrome plating doesn't seem to have been of good quality for several years now.
                  +1 on the V&H street megaphone. On my 81 I kept the centerstand and access to the oil filter. It does have a baffle and IMHO has a great "old school" sound without being too loud. It does not really sing until above 5000 RPM so your neighbors will appreciate it as well.
                  82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
                  81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
                  83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
                  06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
                  AKA "Mr Awesome"

Comment

Working...
                  X