Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjustinf stiffness of a Gs650G Katana front fork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustinf stiffness of a Gs650G Katana front fork.

Hi guys!

I just cleaned my bike and puted some oil in the front fork gummys. And now, the fork is much softer :S Too much.

I know that my bike's fork can be switched betoween to stiffness degrees, but, the other is even softer.

I searched in the forum where I could find the air pump valve on my fork, but i didn't found. Is not like the others GS forks(even if mines is original), the air valve is not in the same place.

Any tips where I can find it??

At the moment i don't want to change to progressives springs...is too expensivve to send them to Switzerland...

Thanks guys!!

Give us some pics of the forks so we can see what they are like.

Comment

If they are the same as mine then they have 2 preload positions. You turn the top with a screwdriver to stiffen them up.
      Sounds like your springs have sagged and you either need new ones or you could put a spacer between the top of the spring and the top cap.

Look Here
      GS1000G

Comment

Originally posted by waltfen View Post
        If they are the same as mine then they have 2 preload positions. You turn the top with a screwdriver to stiffen them up.
        Sounds like your springs have sagged and you either need new ones or you could put a spacer between the top of the spring and the top cap.

Look Here

About the preload positions. Wich one is the hardest?? Qhen the axis is higher os lower? I can't feel any difference...

Thanks to both!

Comment

Should be harder when the adjuster is lower. If you take the top off the fork you'll see how it works.
          GS1000G

Comment

Working...
          X