mikuni bs34ss to mikuni flatsides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mikuni bs34ss to mikuni flatsides

im just curious i picked up a set of mikuni flatside carbs a buddy of mine had at his bike shop cheap he rebuilt them installed a dj stage 1 kit and the guy bailed and didnt pay him so i got the price of parts in them he said they came off a gs but he forgot what the guy told him they were off of they have the round black plastic top over the needle jet im wanting to put them on an 80 model gs 1100l what has to be done and i have a bunch more places for hoses so could someone specify which needs to go where thanks

these carbs would have never been a factory item in the states on any gs series 77-86 motorcycle.
    if they are in fact suzuki carbs...
    best bet is a 86-88 gsxr1100/86-87 gsxr750/88-93 gsx1100f katana.
    pictures of top/ bottem/ front/ back would tell the tale...
    if your friend installed the jet kit...he would have to know exactly what these went to origanally/ year make and model..no guessing is allowed.

Comment

+1 on the pics. What size carbs? They really should just mount up without any issue. But seriously, if you're going to install FS carbs, you'll need the push/pull throttle, really ought to consider a Pingle petcock for better gas flow, K&N pods and a decent 4-1 pipe. It's kinda like putting a 4 barrel Holley carb on an old Mustang without doing anything else to match it. Nice but really kind of a waste.

My .02 worth.

Don

Comment

carbs

The individual who brought him the carbs already had the dj kit and the rebuild kit but wouldnt pay the $150 for the labor so i picked em up they are 38 mm intake thats inside diameter i have cheap pods enko or something like that and a 4 into 1 exhaust on the bike and a messed up head right now tryin to find the time to get that worked on lol just couldnt pass these carbs up considering them bein an upgrade for my bike

Comment

these should be vaccum carbs.
          aftermarket mechanical carbs dont require jet kits.

Comment

***please read***
            ***do these carbs have a butteryfly on the intake side and a vaccum flat slide on the side facing the rear wheel?***
            i thought they was posted as 34mm?
            now it sounds like slingshots off a gsxr or bandit ect......
            ok,
            i just seen your topic was "going from 34mm to mik flatslides"
            ok not bandit but more like slingshot 750 gsxr...emgo is trash and slingshot carbs if they are these...require a dual throat type of filter...2 filters fit all 4 carbs(big opening).
            maybe i should stop typing because i really have no idea of what you really have but for some reason i just keep typing...grrrrrr///to much caffine!@!!!!
            Last edited by blowerbike; 07-02-2009, 07:53 PM. Reason: readingggg morreee

Comment

DUDE, I think you have a question about some carbs, but it also appears that someone stole the period key right off your computer.

Not sure which problem I would tackle first.

Sorry, but three and a half lines with absolutely no puctuation makes it VERY hard to read.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You have GSXR 38mm CV flatslides. Put them on your bike & start tuning! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                X