1978 GS750 carb ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS750 carb ?s

well now that i got it all running alright i guess it comes down to one HUGE issue. the bike is running rich way rich, whenever i stop at a light if i lean the bike to the either side one of the float bowl drains will pour out gas and take off is a bit boggy till it eats up some extra gas then its ok till i have to stop but running way rich. with the thoughts of the cafe kid i looked at the petcock and sorted out vacuum issues and got it running.

Did you replace the petcock??? Sounds like its STILL not functioning properly, OR your float levels are seriously messed up. OR you've got your fuel inlet screws wayyyy to far open..

Comment

i rebuilt the petcock. do you know what the fuel inlets need to be set at about? im figuring thats the issue, i am running the 4into1 header and K&N type pods

Thanks again Jesse

Comment

Definately sounds like you need to adjust your floats. They might even be stuck open.

Comment

i rebuilt the petcock. do you know what the fuel inlets need to be set at about? im figuring thats the issue, i am running the 4into1 header and K&N type pods if that has to factor in???

Thanks again Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
            Definately sounds like you need to adjust your floats. They might even be stuck open.
            im going to take apart the carbs here soon and hopefully someone knows the proper adjustment for them.

Comment

What do you mean fuel inlets? The float height should be adjusted to 24mm +/- 1 mm.

Comment

there is a adjustable set screw on the bottom of all four float bowels maybe mine is way off?? but how do measure the float height ive never done it before?
                Thanks Jesse

Comment

Working...
                X