Carb needle question '83 GS1100ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
    Joe, you have any back popping when closing the throttle at around 5K as its winding down??
    Josh,

Very little. Certainly nothing loud like a backfire. You are probably more likely to have popping because you run more discs. The more free-flowing the exhaust is the more likely you are to have popping on decel.

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
      Josh,

Very little. Certainly nothing loud like a backfire. You are probably more likely to have popping because you run more discs. The more free-flowing the exhaust is the more likely you are to have popping on decel.

Thanks,
      Joe
      I dunno how some of these guys do it then. I know that Bill runs wide open i think and doesnt pop. I dont want to bump the pilot, makes the bike idle and off idle slogged. Maybe i just live with it...

Comment

I use that extra DJ washer as a half notch tuning tool... in my experience it makes no difference to anything whether it is in there or not from a physical standpoint, just how it affects the mixture.

If you measure it you'll see it is a half not a whole notch (at least on my kits) because you're failing to take into account the thickness of the E clip (on mine it lines up with the bottom of the next notch not the top).

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Run a 47.5 pilot jet with a 170 pilot air jet and that should cure all popping and low end woes and also lean that needle one half notch with an extra washer over the e-clip.
          I bet that'll do ya!
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X