HID head light mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID head light mod?

Is there a such thing as a HID head light mod?

my ideas for it are
    -maybe their is a kit out there for it.
    -possible swap of just the projecter from a newer gixer
    -maybe even a swapin of a bmw projector or something of that lines.

let me know

I have a 81 850

Jake

not that ive done it yet, but my 83 1100 has an H4 bulb, I dont see why you couldnt get an H4 HID conversion bulb and balast and put it in

Comment

You would just need the projector. However, you would lose your high beams, right? Would that fail inspection where you are?

Comment

They do make H4 conversions that have hi low beam http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-HID-bulbs-repla...3A1%7C294%3A50 my buddy has a set in his truck, work really well

Comment

Originally posted by ssb33r View Post
          They do make H4 conversions that have hi low beam http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-HID-bulbs-repla...3A1%7C294%3A50 my buddy has a set in his truck, work really well
          Oh, ok then, I guess that would be the best course of action

Comment

Definitely worth doing, and will be done to the 1100 when i finally get started on it

Comment

Im not really a fan of ebay projectors or much ebay any thing for that matter. there are a lot of scamers on there.

does anyone know of a newer bike that I could take one off of?

Comment

not that ive done it yet, but my 83 1100 has an H4 bulb, I dont see why you couldnt get an H4 HID conversion bulb and balast and put it in
                If your 1100 is an E, with the large train headlight,just replacing the H4 bulb with an Osram Sylverstar (the Euro-made ones) will seriously increase light output. HID might actually be overkill, esp. since the large lens isn't designed with the required cut-off pattern. Technically, using the HID bulbs without the HID specific lens is illegal, due to potentially blinding oncoming traffic, but I don't know if they really enforce this, or check at safety inspections.

Originally posted by nisom512 View Post
                Im not really a fan of ebay projectors or much ebay any thing for that matter. there are a lot of scamers on there.

does anyone know of a newer bike that I could take one off of?
                Focus Frenzy reviewed a quality HI/LO HID motorcycle kit he installed on his SV......maybe shoot him a PM. The quality kits go for a lot more than the generic ebay ones, but hopefully don't have the poor longevity issues.

Tony.
                '82 GS1100E

Comment

No matter what you do they are not DOT approved. May have a clearance problem in the headlight bucket

Comment

Working...
                  X