GS1100G simple jetting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100G simple jetting question

Hello everybody, nice forum. I've found lots of great information here! New to this forum but not new to motorcycle forums. My GS1100G has some strange jetting but seems to run great now that I got all it's issues worked out. I've found on this site stock jetting for this bike is #40 pilot and #115 main. My bike has #45 pilot and #112.5 mains! The exhaust and air box are stock. It does run good but I have ordered the stock jets but wanted your guys opinions on running stock jetting. Any thoughts?

Stock

I'd put in the stock jets. You may not notice much difference but, if you do, I'll bet it will run better.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

FIRST if it runs good why F with it?
      SECOND why are you asking for trouble?
      THIRD maybe you deserve what you are asking for.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Whew!

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
        FIRST if it runs good why F with it?
        SECOND why are you asking for trouble?
        THIRD maybe you deserve what you are asking for.
        WOW..lighten up a couple of notches! He's not talking about retrofitting it with a Volkswagon engine; he's thinking of trading out 8 tiny, little jets (in favor of the ones recommended by the Japsters who engineered it).
        Last edited by chuckycheese; 07-04-2009, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I do tend to agree with trippivot, why screw up a good thing! But I thought I'd see what you guys thought. This weekend I noticed some backfires out the exhaust on decel while the engine was warming up. Choke off of course. But otherwise it runs great. I'll also see what the fuel economy is before I mess with it if I am. There's still plenty to do on this bike and this weekend the seat tore, adding to the long list! At least it runs good!

Comment

Great!

As long as you're happy, I'm a little confused at the point of the thread (or why you ordered the OEM specified jets)...but, As Freddy Fender opined, "It's your happiness that matters most of all".

Comment

Just looking for opinions. And if anybody with a stock 1100 8v had better luck with different jets. I'm not sure where this bike got it's jetting, and I've had the carbs off several times for cleaning and they are synched. It was a knee jerk reaction buying stock jets but they are cheap and who knows, maybe I'll mess with the jetting somewhere down the road.

Comment

Question should be What do the plugs look like ? they usually are lean from the factory. You may need to just turn the mix screw out 1/2 turn

Comment

I have messed with the mixture screws but haven't looked at my plugs recently. I don't remember how many turns out they are right now but I did turn them in a bit last time I adjusted them.

Comment

Working...
                  X