Not Too Technical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Too Technical

I have a 1980 GS750L, but would like to swap out the rear fender for the inner fender and cowl off of an E. Wandering if anyone knows if this is a direct swap, or will there be mods needed? I can't imagine the frames are different, but I have been wrong before!!

Different

I have the Suzuki shop manual for the '80 750's and I'm certain there is a difference in the frames. It might be something you could deal with....that, I don't know!
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

WOW...well, there you go!!! As my dad used to say..."that is why you shouldn't do your own thinking""!! LOL

Comment

Well...

Well.....I don't think your idea is unusual, at all, because the difference in the frames is probably very slight (in fact, I know it is) but anytime engineers are involved from different teams (my wife is a real, live engineer), differences take place.....and small differences matter a lot.

Having said that, you might be able to make it work but I'm guessing it would be harder than it first might seem. If you try it, let us know how it works out!

Comment

No problem...I have already purchased the cowl and fender off of Fleabay...so when it arrives, I will check things out.

Also, love the pic of the Springer...greatest dogs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slowpokezuki View Post
            No problem...I have already purchased the cowl and fender off of Fleabay...so when it arrives, I will check things out.

Also, love the pic of the Springer...greatest dogs!!!

Thank you! She's my third Springer and I love her so much. They have such nice personalities!

Comment

The bigger problem will probably be how different the seat connection is.

Comment

Working...
              X