GS1000 VM29 jet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 VM29 jet question

The bike still stumbles just a tiny bit when I get to 6k and beyond. I have the smoothbores, K&N pods, and 4 into 1 exhaust. I changed the main jets from 112.5 to 120. I know I need to go up, but by how much?? Any help appreciated.

What are your pilot jet, needle jet, and pilot air screw settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post
      What are your pilot jet, needle jet, and pilot air screw settings?
      My pilot jet is size 25, needle clip is on the middle slot, and the pilot air screw is one turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by slip View Post
        The bike still stumbles just a tiny bit when I get to 6k and beyond. I have the smoothbores, K&N pods, and 4 into 1 exhaust. I changed the main jets from 112.5 to 120. I know I need to go up, but by how much?? Any help appreciated.
        I have VM 28's on my 1000, and I believe I'm running 127.5's...I have Velocity stacks, and open Kerker megaphone. I'm @ middle notch on needle, and just a tad rich, but averaging about 36 -37 mpg. At 6000 I'd better be holding on real tight.

Comment

Sounds like you're in the ball park. Do you know if you're a bit rich on the 25 pilot jet? Have you pulled a plug after one of those high power runs and made sure its a lean condition and not rich? Generally people don't go above 120 main jets without running smaller 20 or 17.5 pilot jets. Not to say your situation isn't an exception but I would doubt you'd need to go further than 122.5 main jets (one step up from 120) with your 25 pilot jets if you're truely running lean on the 120 main jets.

Comment

Working...
          X