• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check for a solenoid at local lawn mower shop

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      Check for a solenoid at local lawn mower shop
      good idea. After i get the starter back and if it turns out that the starter indeed was the culprit i will still be looking to replace the solenoid as a pm manuvre.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
        A battery can read 12V when not asked to produce any current. When a load is applied, the voltage will drop if the battery cannot keep up with the electrical demands.

Incidentally, a good battery should read about 14.7 volts.
        Ummm.....when it is charging that is. A fully charged battery will be right about 12.8 volts unless my battery tester is incorrect. Didn't want everybody thinking their battery is losing it when they only get 12.8 on a multimeter. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by cabinover
          Originally posted by Swanny
          A battery can read 12V when not asked to produce any current. When a load is applied, the voltage will drop if the battery cannot keep up with the electrical demands.

Incidentally, a good battery should read about 14.7 volts.
          Ummm.....when it is charging that is. A fully charged battery will be right about 12.8 volts unless my battery tester is incorrect. Didn't want everybody thinking their battery is losing it when they only get 12.8 on a multimeter. Bob
          i think your battery tester is off. I uaually get well over 13 volts in a fully charged battewry and i always remember reading that it should be over 14 volts---I THEENK

Comment

It was the starter . Boy what a screwy problem. 8O

Comment

Working...
            X