lever options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lever options?

Okay guys, dropped the bike in the driveway. Brake lever is fluxored (lost the mirror too, whoops)

What levers, from what bikes can I retrofit or what aftermarket options are there? I would prefer something shorter so it doesn't get messed up next time. Not interested in changing anything but the levers. (a matching clutch lever would be nice)

thanks!

Originally posted by rallygabe View Post
    Okay guys, dropped the bike in the driveway. Brake lever is fluxored (lost the mirror too, whoops)

What levers, from what bikes can I retrofit or what aftermarket options are there? I would prefer something shorter so it doesn't get messed up next time. Not interested in changing anything but the levers. (a matching clutch lever would be nice)

thanks!
    Don't feel bad. First time I got my bike off the center stand, the bike was leaning a little to the left and I wasn't ready. In slow motion I tipped over to the left (my body cushioned the blow).

What kind of mirrors did you have? I have a right mirror I think.

Rick

Comment

Oh i don't feel bad, not the first time i've dropped a bike.
      It was pretty funny actually. The battery died so I was kick starting it, then I got the bright idea to try kicking it while off the center stand (like a dirtbike right?)...and promptly leaned it over just a little bit too much and dropped it on my roommates 06 gixxer...WHOOPS. So i heave it back upright real quick, only too quick and...OVER SHE GOES to the OTHER SIDE! A HAHAHA it was so funny I couldn't be mad. (even though the moron PO mounted the turn signals directly to the headlight and so my headlight is just a hangin now too)

good times!! LOL

Comment

What kind of bike?
        This is Ebay territory.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Brand new OEM levers are, like, only $10 - $12 each.

Don't fart around with the crappy Motion Pro replacements. Good way to break lots of clutch cables.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I agree, why buy anything but OEM for something as cheap as a lever? Also FYI, engine crash bars seem to cushion the fall, not that you want to buy crash bars just to fix this problem. Mine has fallen over twice, with just minor scrapes on the ends of the levers - I just repainted the ball end.

Comment

The PO put some funny little highway pegs on it, they bolt on up under the exhaust and do a good job of keeping the engine case off the ground. I'm not a fan of highway pegs, but after this I will at least leave them on the bike. (made in minneapolis too, so keeping it local)

I think, since the levers on the bike are folded a bit, I am going to take them to the shop, cut them down, and see how I like a shorter lever. If its managable I will add some info somewhere.

Thanks guys!

Comment

there are some old school Magura levers on ebay from time to time. New old stock.

Comment

Working...
                X