Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogging

I own a 1982 Suzuki GS300L.
    Sometimes when i start it for the first time in the morning, it boggs out really bad. I removed the spark plug on the left cylinder and the loss of power stayed the same. so the left cylinder isn't even firing.
    but, it seems to go away when i reseed the spark plug cable. Can anyone tell me why
    this happens?

what does "reseed the spark plug cable" mean? Try putting in 2 new NGK spark plugs.

Comment

Grab the spark plug cable while the bike is running. If you get shocked you have a spark plug cable problem.

Hmm, I thought that I shouldn't just leave it at that. You might hurt yourself. Not from the shock itself, but trying to get away from it.

Pull the caps off the plugs and make a resistance measurement from cap to cap. There's a spec on it - mine is 30k-50k. Now wiggle the wires while still making the measurement. Does it change? If so, track it down. it could be a bad connection from the wire to the cap. If it is, twist off the cap, cut back the wire, and reinstall.

Comment

also check

might be simple, that happend to me, mine was the male/female connections coming from coils (orange/white-black)(orange/white-black/yellow) they were loose when it got hot but not when it was cold. "gremlins" i was told

bu then again maby not. good luck

Comment

Thanks, you might have solved an issue on my dad's bike too.

Comment

Working...
          X