trigger plate=signal generator?
    CDI box= ignitor?

Comment

Originally posted by avastyematey View Post
      trigger plate=signal generator?
      CDI box= ignitor?

correct....

Comment

with blown CDI boxes being a common problem you would think that they would make aftermarket ones.

Comment

with blown CDI boxes being a common problem you would think that they would make aftermarket ones.

jsut get a chinese electronics firm to whip up a batch
          what with slave labour and all I am sure a one size fits all programmable unit could be made for cheap and dispensed to all

its not like the chinese would have qualms about ""reverse engineeering"
          ie outright stealing a patented design

Comment

Can you open it up and see the electronic components ? Or is it one of those that's all sealed in epoxy ?

Comment

these can be opened up to expose the circut board.
              i had an 1150 w/ a cold solder and a hell of a miss fire at times(huge explosions).
              i had a tv repair guy i knew touch up some of the solders and fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                these can be opened up to expose the circut board.
                i had an 1150 w/ a cold solder and a hell of a miss fire at times(huge explosions).
                i had a tv repair guy i knew touch up some of the solders and fix it.
                Yep, as long as you can get to those components it can be repaired. I repaired mine ( one of the two larger output transistors was shorted) and it works perfect. Matchless, a member here has a schematic diagram that he made for one version of these ignitors, with the replacement electronics parts listed.

I also got really lucky and found and exact replacement listed on eBay as "electrics" and won it for like 10 bucks.

Comment

yup i can get it open, the back is removable. If i just brought it to a tv/ computer repair place they could take care of it? cool.
                  if that ends up being the problem i am on my way.

Comment

yup i can get it open, the back is removable. If i just brought it to a tv/ computer repair place they could take care of it? cool.
                    if that ends up being the problem i am on my way.
                    That would depend on the repair shop, and thier skill level i'd imagine.

Comment

my downstairs neighbor happens to be a computer repair guy. maybe i'll talk to him bout this...

Comment

Working...
                      X