NGK Spark plug cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGK Spark plug cap

I recently bought new NGK plug caps for the 850. I think i ordered a set of the wrong caps. Will the VD05F caps work. I really think it is supposed to be the YB05F caps or should i say the B05F. Basically, the D caps are for a 12mm thread size and the B caps is for the 14mm thread size. When they say thread size my understanding is the thread size of the spark plug, right? However, the plug stud appears to fit nice and tight/snug into the spark plug cap.

Will this work?

I reordered the XB05F NGK plug caps from Z1 yesterday. The X is a better length compared to the V caps for the #2 & #3 plug hole b/c the V caps are too short. The cap comes in contact with the head fins.

Hope this makes sense.
    1979 GS850G
    2004 SV650N track bike
    2005 TT-R125 pit bike
    LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

You can use any caps as long as they fit. The resistor caps are for noise suppression associated with AM radios, so in effect use what works.

Comment

Hi,

Here's a note that I saved on my website:

Spark Plug Cap Replacements
      thanks to Ms. SqDancerLynn1

[For] replacing the stock caps [use] 2 each - NGK XB05F and VB05F.

Cut off a small slice (1/4 inch) of the end of the plug wire and screw in the new plug caps. This makes a good connection with fresh (uncorroded) wire.

The different part numbers are for the different angles on 1&4 and 2&3.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by reddirtrider View Post
        You can use any caps as long as they fit. The resistor caps are for noise suppression associated with AM radios, so in effect use what works.
        Unless I am mistaken, ALL the OEM caps for these bikes were resistor caps.

Comment

The first letter is the shape/length of the cap (Y is the 120 degree short length). the second letter is the mm size of the thread of the spark plug (B is 14mm D is 12mm). the number is for the ohms???(05 is 5k ohms??) and the last letter is for the plug with the terminal stud versus the capped stud (F).

I ordered the XB05F from Z1 to go onton the #2 & #3 plugs as the Y and V style are too short to reach the plug and give some distance away from the fins of the heads.

I had ordered the V by mistake but my question was/is will this still work although my plugs are 14mm and the V is for 12mm?
          1979 GS850G
          2004 SV650N track bike
          2005 TT-R125 pit bike
          LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

Comment

i mean the second letter V D is for the spark plug thread size, D id for 12mm.
            1979 GS850G
            2004 SV650N track bike
            2005 TT-R125 pit bike

Comment

Working...
            X