Wiring Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Issue

I have been studying the search for about an hour...cause I am embarrassed as heck to ask this question. Have picked up a 79 GS750L, in pretty bad shape. The throttle tube was broken and the switch wiring was broken, so I switched to a new/used throttle tube and housing. When I traced the wires from the Run/Stop switch and the Start button, they go into the headlight bucket...and are plugged into them selves!!!! Just a LOOP!!! Now, I can't find where to plug in the wiring connector...everything appears to already have something plugged into it!!! Wish I had pics...but, well, pending!

Normally the color wire coming from the switch would connect to the same color in the headlight bucket. Are there wires in the bucket that match the color coming from the switch maybe those are looped too for some reason. Just thinking, good luck,

Comment

WOW...I must be tired...That is too obvious!!! LOL I am going to call it a night, but will research it tomorrow. I hope I don't have an electrical nightmare on my hands...that is the one aspect I am not excited about tackling.

Comment

Get yourself a wiring diagram..makes tracing wires a lot easier.

Comment

The orange wire from the kill switch goes to the orange wire from the ignition switch and the yellow/green goes from the starter button switch to the starter relay (not directly of course, but through other wiring on the bike). The orange/white goes to the ignition coils.

So the three colors you are looking for in the headlight bucket are orange, orange/white and yellow/green.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have a wiring diagram...just wasn't sure if I needed to be looking inside the headlight bucket or elsewhere. lol

Comment

be careful about the diagram you are using all though mostly the same there are little differences between the 79 gs750 models not to mention the country of origin. when putting my 750l back togeather i used a diagram from the internet, but when i found a 79 750l specific diagram in the back of the manual a couple of things where diff. especially the routing. however for that part it is probably the same.

Comment

Working...
              X