Older Carburetor Webpages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Carburetor Webpages

Hi All, It's been a while since I've been on here. My membership terminated from not logging in for so long. So my profile was lost.

I have a 1980 GS550L. I'm having a slow speed idle problem with the inside carb on the right. I figure the slow circuit is blocked somewhere. It runs fine other then at idle and just right off idle. I've narrowed it down by pulling plug wires while it's running. Maybe the pilot jet or slow circuit is blocked.

I did a clean and rebuild on my carbs a few years back with great success. I remember there were about 60 web pages of step by step instructions with pictures on rebuilding the cv carbs. Are they still on here somewhere? If anyone has the link, please point me to where it's at.

I plan to pull my carbs soon when time permits. Good to be on here again. Seems like when I click on a post I have to go all the way to the end of it and read from the last thread backwards for it to be in order. That seems odd.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2009, 01:24 AM.

Hi there. Try this link.

Comment

Welcome back to the forum.

And, ... as far as the GS goes, your carbs are the newer carbs, not the older carbs.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Welcome back! Always nice to see another 550L getting tuned up for the road.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys. Yea, I knew I had the newer version carbs. I dread having to pull them off but, I gots to do what I gots to do.

I guess I better fix my wifes car first. It's gotta have new fuel injectors installed. What a pita.

Thanks Again!!

Comment

How about info on the VM carbs? I just picked up a '79 GS850 last night and its popping at idle, sounds like #3 or #4 but I'm not sure yet. Is there a carb rebuild page for the VM's too? Maybe I missed it.

Also....and I should know this by now..... what is the best section to start a general "I just got this bike and this is my rebuild thread" thread?

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
            X